Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Duluth Children's Museum

Ask Michael Garcia if the new location of the Duluth Children's Museum is a great move forward for Duluth and the many children of all ages and his face will surely light up and his smile will go from ear to ear.  I had never been to the Museum before and I had my own preconceived notions on what is was going to be like. Boring and history for kids is what I first thought.  Not so.  I was so amazed and impressed by what I saw and how much family involvement there was.  It was intriguing to watch children experiment with nanos and magnetism and seeing the young and young at heart learn the stock market.  The Dream Machine is where children can sail, drive, fish from and imagine from sits on the second floor for all to explore. What makes the Duluth Children's Museum unique is that many families visit it at least two times per week while most Children's Museums across the country visit them on a average of two times per year.  The Clyde Iron building on 27th Ave W is the new home of the Duluth Children's Museum so grab your young spirit, your kids or grand kids and visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment